What makes a good university homepage?
- Clear pathways to further information
- An uncluttered interface that serves only the users, not the wishes of every group on campus with a website that wants a link.
- Clear and consistent branding
- Pleasing graphic design that appeals to the largest target audience group of the page without alienating other groups completely
How to design a homepage:
- Identify your audiences and place them in a hierarchy of importance
- Develop a clear idea as to why these audiences are coming to the site and prioritise their tasks
- Reflect the strategic goals of the university while illustrating an image of the University
- Wrap it all in a graphic design which appeals to your largest user base, while not alienating other small user groups