OK, I'll buy that. So who are your potential audiences? I'll start a list, and then the three people who read this blog can pick it apart. Most of these audience groups are obvious, but it's always good to put them out there.
- Prospective students
- Current students
- Former students (mostly alumni)
- International Students (important for some campuses)
- Staff and Administration
- Faculty, staff and administrators from other universities
- Job seekers (both faculty and staff)
- Parents (of current and prospective students)
- Community members (town residents, local businesses, governmental, etc.)
- Prospective community members (people thinking of moving to the area)
- Partners (business partners, granting organizations, etc.)
- Media (you don't think that Virginia Tech's home page wasn't pounded by the media?)
- "Friends" and "Visitors" (whatever that means) - from this post
- Web developers from other universities looking for inspiration for their own home page redesign
Got any significant audience groups to add? Let me know. But I think I've covered the main bases.